[Snort-users] please help - ACID: "Ignored XXX duplicate events" on archive

Luca Tampieri Luca.Tampieri at ...5851...
Tue Aug 20 09:49:05 EDT 2002

We had the same problem yesterday,
I have seen that our database-archive was full, or i think so (i don't know
mysql well),

mysql> show table status;

shows that 'Max_data_length' and 'Index_length' was about the same for table
'data'
so i have done a new archive, i have set it in acid_conf ($archive_dbname) and
now i trying to move alerts in this db.

I will have the results of this test only later because my ACID is very slow,
but until now is all right.

Note:we use snort1.8.6 and FreeBSD4.6.

Hope help.
Luca