[Snort-users] Re : beginning with snort

BALASAHEB balaware at ...4543...
Mon Aug 19 21:57:01 EDT 2002

Hi I am  new to this group. I am planning to install snort on a multihomed PC. I am not sure whether how to start.I hav installed IDSCentre. When I am double clicking on the startsnort ,I am getting the message "Snort couldnt be started." . Also what are these create script and Load script Icon stands for ?
The documentation given for snorts sounds like a unix based documentation and does not sounds for WIndows based machine.

Can anybody help me?
Thanks in advance.

Sify Mail - now with Anti-virus protection powered by Trend Micro, USA.
Know more at http://mail.sify.com

Send Rakhi Gifts to your Brothers & Sisters Now!
click here http://www.sifymall.com/cgi-bin/bvsm/shopping/content/mall_event06.jsp