[Snort-users] Snortcenter can't connect to sensor

peterm at ...6643... peterm at ...6643...
Sun Aug 18 09:34:02 EDT 2002

Greetings-

  I have a machine which is running snort/acid. I installed snortcenter
console/sensor on the same box, and can connect successfully by going directly
to the sensor port (default of 2525). Once I attempt to connect through the
console, I get :

'www.milanese.cc -> eth0    Can't Connect to 24.186.244.10:2525   Retry Connecting'

I'm running without ssl for the moment, in attempt to simplify things and get it
going. Are there issues running the console and sensor on the same box?

Any clue would be lovely-

Thanks!