[Snort-users] ERROR: OpenPcap() FSM compilation failed:

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Sun Aug 18 09:11:03 EDT 2002

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Udi Dahan wrote:

> Initializing Network Interface \
> ERROR: OpenPcap() FSM compilation failed:
>         syntax error
> PCAP command: Files\Sourcefire\Snort\snort.conf -l e:\Program
> Files\Sourcefire\Snort -A full -h 172.31.2.45/32 -i 1
> Fatal Error, Quitting..

This means you've got snort installed into "C:\program
files\Sourcefire\Snort".  It also means that you don't have double quotes
around the path.  To fix it, either place quotes around the path or install it
somewhere else (w/o a apce in the name).

> Can anyone please tell me what the XXX it means ?

XXX?  XXX usually means "Graphic Nudity" or something like that.  ;-)  No XXX
listed above...

> P.S - A walkthrough will be great also.

Google:  snort (walkthrough or walkthru or howto)

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy