[Snort-users] ERROR: OpenPcap() FSM compilation failed:

Chris Reid Chris.Reid at ...2817...
Fri Aug 16 17:30:03 EDT 2002

Your paths contains a space character ("Program Files").  These paths need
to be inside double quotes, for example:

    -l "e:\Program Files\Sourcefire\Snort"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Udi Dahan" <udi at ...6633...>
To: <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 2:51 AM
Subject: [Snort-users] ERROR: OpenPcap() FSM compilation failed:

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Snort and I'm trying to set it up on my computer.
I'm using Windows 2000 Advanced Server with SP3.
I've installed WinPCap 2.3 and snort 1.8.3.

After setting up all the parameters I'm creating the script and when
trying
To test the configuration I'm getting an error message saying:

Initializing Network Interface \
ERROR: OpenPcap() FSM compilation failed:
        syntax error
PCAP command: Files\Sourcefire\Snort\snort.conf -l e:\Program
Files\Sourcefire\Snort -A full -h 172.31.2.45/32 -i 1
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Can anyone please tell me what the XXX it means ?
P.S - A walkthrough will be great also.

Thanks
Udi