[Snort-users] SnortSnarf taking long time to run..???

David Bizzle dbizzle at ...6640...
Fri Aug 16 14:32:42 EDT 2002

when i run snortsnarf, its taking DAYS ( i mean DAYS) to process these logs that i have. I'm trying to proccess the weekly log files generated by snort. There is only 3 of them, about 50mgs a piece. I don't understand why its taking so long to process. Just really want to know if anyone else is having this problem or is it something i'm doing.

here is my command

./snortsnarf.pl -d /var/www/html/SnortSnarf -db /var/www/html/SnortSnarf/annotations/new-annotation-base.xml -dns -rulesfile /root/snort.conf -ldir "file://var/log/snort/" /root/alert.weekly /root/alert.weekly.1 /root/alert.weekly.2

any ideas?

thanks

david