[Snort-users] ERROR: OpenPcap() FSM compilation failed:

Udi Dahan udi at ...6633...
Fri Aug 16 14:32:16 EDT 2002

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Snort and I'm trying to set it up on my computer.
I'm using Windows 2000 Advanced Server with SP3.
I've installed WinPCap 2.3 and snort 1.8.3.

After setting up all the parameters I'm creating the script and when
trying
To test the configuration I'm getting an error message saying:

Initializing Network Interface \
ERROR: OpenPcap() FSM compilation failed:
        syntax error
PCAP command: Files\Sourcefire\Snort\snort.conf -l e:\Program
Files\Sourcefire\Snort -A full -h 172.31.2.45/32 -i 1
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Can anyone please tell me what the XXX it means ?
P.S - A walkthrough will be great also.

Thanks
Udi