[Snort-users] Time of alerts is always a few hours ahead???

Phil Petruzzo phil.petruzzo at ...6498...
Fri Aug 16 13:46:01 EDT 2002

Does anyone know how to solve this problem with Acid and Snort.  The alerts
of the snort sensor seem to have the correct times, but when I view the
alerts in Acid they are always ahead by a few hours??  I followed the setup
instructions for Snort the ACID to the letter and everything is working
properly except for the time thing.  I've set the time zone and actual time
on each server the same (even using the time server to sync) I've also done
like the documentation said and set the hardware clock to use UTC.  Is there
something I'm missing?

Thanks for your help.