[Snort-users] [ANN] HenWen 1.1.1

Nick Zitzmann nickzman at ...3027...
Wed Aug 14 12:33:04 EDT 2002

HenWen 1.1.1 is out and available on my Web page below.

Or, a direct download URL:
http://home.attbi.com/~rickzman/software/HenWen1.1.1.dmg.gz

The MD5 checksum on this release is
$B1D6E4655FB3765B75BF9385AE6090BF. Make sure that you use either
Hdiutil or Disk Copy to verify the checksum. It won't verify
correctly in OpenSSL or other tools.

For those of you who missed my previous announcements: HenWen is
a GUI for the Snort network intrusion detection system. HenWen's
goal is to make it easy to set up and run Snort. HenWen requires
Mac OS X 10.0 or greater for non-PPP connections and 10.1.4 or
greater for PPP connections. It should run fine on OS X Server.

This update mainly brings HenWen up to date with recent changes
to the Snort rules. In addition, the problem with the
snort-log-rotate script sometimes not resetting Snort when it
should was fixed, you can now turn off promiscuous packet
sniffing, and a few other bugs were fixed. The LetterStick
application is greatly improved now; when an error is logged,
LetterStick gives you IP addresses, and ports if it wasn't an
ICMP attack.

Nick Zitzmann
ICQ: 22305512

Check out my software page: http://homepage.mac.com/nickzman/