[Snort-users] mysql error no matter what

Dan Muey dmuey at ...6614...
Wed Aug 14 11:50:03 EDT 2002

Hello Thanks for your time..
Here's what i have:On Freebsd 4.5 I have mysql 323. I have all of the
tables, users , etc all set up
I can't get the snort Daemon going

when I start snort :
/usr/local/bin/snort -c /usr/local/etc/snort.conf -i rl0 -u snortman -g
snortman -D > /dev/null & && echo -n 'snort'

It gives me this : mysql support is not compiled in this copy
so I do another ./compile --with-mysql to make sure and see the line :
checking for mysql... yes
make make install bit then try to start it again and I get the same
error
I get the same bit if I do  it with a --with-mysql=/usr/local too (
/usr/local/bin/mysql -u root -p gets you logged in so would that be the
correct path to specify? )
Thanks
Dan