[Snort-users] Alert question???

Hicks, John JHicks at ...5857...
Tue Aug 13 10:02:05 EDT 2002

Depending on the scenario, they can be usefull for detecting 'unwanted'
usage of network services. These types of rules, along with MSN, IRC and the
like, I seperate into a 'Policy' node that gets much less regular
monitoring.

John Hicks

-----Original Message-----
From: quentyn at ...3871... [mailto:quentyn at ...3871...]
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 12:52 PM
To: Joe Giles
Cc: Know How; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Alert question???

Joe Giles wrote:

> Actually, I have been getting this too. I think its a bug. If you look at
the packet data, there is probobly a work in there that starts or ends with
VIRGIN. Like, for exampe VIRGINIA. LOL... I just dissabled the PORN section
and use another app for that :)...

> Hope this helps..

I thought that the porn rules were a piss take anyway ? I thought that
their prescence was due to the other IDS vendor's saying that they had
them as a selling point ?

Quentyn Taylor
Sysadmin - Fotango