[Snort-users] tools

quentyn at ...3871... quentyn at ...3871...
Tue Aug 13 09:08:03 EDT 2002

charella constansia wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> Does anybody know a few tools that I can use to test
> my configuration.( So that I can launch to my computer
> to see if snort pick it up.

nessus - though this is overkill if all you want is a test
snot
telnet - if you have the web cgi rules enabled and have a web server in
your $homenet just telnet in and grab /cgi-bin/phf.cgi or what ever

Quentyn Taylor
Sysadmin - Fotango
You're damn right we need a rational code of morality and ethics. But
not much progress can
be made in that direction while we've still got a majority ranting about
gods, devils, souls, and
absolute morality, and using an ancient book written by ignorant nomads
as a guide.