[Snort-users] Snort & Xp???

Eiman Ebrahimi eiman_eb at ...125...
Tue Aug 13 06:17:08 EDT 2002

Hey,
Well thanx for that piece of advice but the main problem I have is that I am
running snort on a modem connection(with speeds around 33.6Kbps) to some X
router , and as soon as snort starts doing it's stuff my connection goes so
low on speed i hardly can get anything off it, thus all snort does is dump a
load of requests to my log.I've never tried snort on a dial up with such a
speed, is that the problem??
Thanx for any advice beforehand

>From: "Chris Reid" <Chris.Reid at ...2817...>
>To: "Eiman Ebrahimi"
><eiman_eb at ...125...>,<snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
>Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort & Xp???
>Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:38:04 -0600
>

>Yes, the primary development environment for Win32 snort is XP
>Professional.

proble