[Snort-users] error: "mysql support is not compiled in this c opy"

Robby rdesmond at ...6547...
Mon Aug 12 18:25:06 EDT 2002

This is a problem I have noted before. I went and looked at what
object/header files snort was looking for and set the path to them and
watched the configure script find them. When I ran Snort, it gave the
"MySQL not compiled in" error. This was 1.8.7 on FreeBSD 4.4.

I went back to 1.8.6 and it worked peachy keen.

MySQL cetainly was installed normally, since I just used the FreeBSD package.

I never figured out what was wrong, nor do I really care at the moment. But
I would like to know if anyone has figured this one out.

-Robby

Robert Desmond
Systems Administrator
UCSB Extended Learning Services