[Snort-users] Snort ver 1.8.7

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Mon Aug 12 17:55:01 EDT 2002

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Semerjian, Ohanes wrote:

> Thanks Erek for the reply,
>
> Actually this box and another 8 of them are already running Snort 1.8.4
> without any problems for quite a while now. If 1.8.4 is running on this box
> I would think the path should be okay and other version should run too
> without any problems, unless the way the code for the other version is been
> changed...! If I was installing Snort for the first time on this box then
> yep what u mentioned could a possibility but I'm running Snort since 1.8.1
> on this box...! Well I can say that is I'm puzzled here.

Ok, I've just gotten a clean Sol8 box up in the lab.  Lemme poke there on it
and I'll see what I can turn up.  I've got a few errands to run, but I'll be
on it later tonight--The wife's not home, so I can stay up late.  ;-)

> Okay as for the error this been generated while I'm running make install and
> the box is a sparc that runs Sol8 with latest patches and configured with
> the following options and compiling under user root.
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
>
> I'm not sure if this was the kind of info u needed it.

One thing that would be _very_ helpful is to see the last 10-20 lines above
the error.  That will give us an idea of where it's 'breaking'.

Thanks!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy