[Snort-users] ignoring an interface

Paul Greene pauljgreene at ...5068...
Mon Aug 12 16:58:01 EDT 2002

How do you ignore an interface with snort?

i.e. I have a working stealth IDS with two layer 2 interfaces monitoring
all the traffic flowing between these two interfaces; this seems to be
working fine.

However, I want to add a third interface that'll connect to an isolated
network for administrative purposes; no one can get to that network unless
they are physically inside my house (if that happens, I've got bigger
things to worry about!)

How would I ignore that 3rd interface, which should never have any
interesting traffic running on it to worry about?

Paul