[Snort-users] error: "mysql support is not compiled in this copy"

Ed Kasky ed at ...3483...
Mon Aug 12 16:33:03 EDT 2002

I didn't have any line like this in my last install so the answer is no.

How do you configure it if it's as localhost?

var $MYSQLDATABASE <localhost>

??

Ed

At 05:25 AM Tuesday, 8/13/2002, junaidi wrote -=>

>Did you define your mysql database in your snort.conf? For example like this.
>
>var $MYSQLDATABASE <host.domainname.com>
>
>and then in your "output_database" in the snort.conf, use that variable that
>you created to point to your mysql database.

Ed Kasky
Los Angeles, CA
"If a man harbors any sort of fear, it percolates through all his
thinking, damages his personality, makes him landlord to a
ghost." 	- Lloyd Douglas