[Snort-users] Unknown argument to http_decode preprocessor:

Augustinho Catto Catto at ...6458...
Mon Aug 12 13:09:06 EDT 2002

Hi,
Excuse me, I am a newbie but I think something is wrong becouse I
downloaded a "stable" version of signatures. I used oinkmaster.pl
and It was started from my cron to perform download from:
url = http://www.snort.org/dl/signatures/snortrules.tar.gz

What is the best practices when upgrading signatures?

TIA

Catto

"Cameron Just" <c.just at ...2395...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have followed the REdhat 7.2 instructions to the letter and
keepgetting
> this error. Anyone know whats causing it?
>
> Aug  2 22:54:42 router snort: FATAL ERROR: ERROR
> /etc/snort/snort.conf(229) => Unknown argument to http_decode
> preprocessor: "unicode"
>
> The offending line is this which is in the standard snort.conf
>
> preprocessor http_decode: 80 unicode iis_alt_unicode
double_encode
> iis_flip_slash full_whitespace

looks like 1.9 conf with 1.8 snort
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...1935...>
A good pun is its own reword.

Snort-users list archive:

Augustinho Valmor CATTO
CNE - Analista de Suporte
UNISINOS - Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos
Sao Leopoldo - RS - Brasil
Phone: +55 xx 51 590-8386
http://www.unisinos.br/institucional/estrutura/
"From Brazil the land of FIFA worldwide soccer five times
championship"