[Snort-users] Snort ver 1.8.7

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Mon Aug 12 11:11:04 EDT 2002

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Semerjian, Ohanes wrote:

> Since I haven't heard any response from any one on the list, I'm assuming
> that no one had Snort 1.8.7 running on Solaris 8 successfully...!

Nope, it just means that some of us have been on vacation.  ;-)

> Okay I need some assistance here. When I'm trying to compile the ver 1.8.7
> I'm getting the errors below. Currently I'm running Snort 1.8.4 on 8 sensors
> without any problems...! Any ideas. Many thanx
>
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-binPROGRAMS'
> Current working directory /tmp/snort-1.8.7
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-am'
> Current working directory /tmp/snort-1.8.7
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install-recursive'
> bash-2.03#

While this does show errors, it doesn't really show 'what' was happening
before the errors.  Do you have any more info/data on this?

Since I can build cleanly from the tarball, I'd have to guess it's some issue
with your path or something local/common to your boxes.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy