[Snort-users] signal 15 - debian

JB baumanj at ...6590...
Mon Aug 12 07:23:03 EDT 2002

Hello all,

I have seen this come up before but no answers have been given.  After
snort is running for a few hours it stops running and claims to be stopped
by 'Signal 15'.  I really have no idea why this would happen.

I am running snort with the following command, which also logs to a file:
snort -A fast -b -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -i eth1

The machine I am running this on is a P3 700MHz 512MB RAM running Debian
GNU/Linux 3.0 fully updated.  snort -V gives me:
-*> Snort! <*-
Version 1.8.7 (Build 128)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

josh bauman

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
     Joshua Bauman   -  GNU Crusader
baumanj at ...6590...      darwin at ...6591...
	baumanj at ...6592...
             www.darw1n.net
      :o_o:
       "-"