[Snort-users] Snort and ACID , MYSQL on muliple boxes

Spangberg, Henrik Henrik.Spangberg at ...6584...
Mon Aug 12 06:36:05 EDT 2002

Hello,
I wonder if it's possible to have snort installed on one Linuxbox and make
snort to send the log to another linuxbox with Mysql, PHP Apache and Acid on
my local net. Look at the schema below.
I tried to configure Snort with " --with-mysql" But snort didn't find
Mysqlclient on my linuxbox because i don't have it installed om the same
linuxbox as Snort.
___________                     ____________
'                   '                    '
'  Linix BOX 1'                    ' Linux BOX2  '
' 192.168.0.1 '-------LOG------' 192.168.0.2  '
' with SNORT'                    ' with Apache, '
'                   '                    ' PHP,Acid &  '
'                   '                    ' MYsql          '

Most kind regards
Henrik S
Sorry for bad english

the sender either by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material
from any computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

www.borealisgroup.com