[Snort-users] SnortSam 2.0: Multi-threaded plugins

Frank Knobbe fknobbe at ...652...
Sun Aug 11 19:15:02 EDT 2002

This is just a quick note to users running SnortSam:

I just uploaded version 2.0 of SnortSam. The reason for this version
jump is simple. SnortSam is now multi-threaded, that means it is calling
the plugins (Checkpoint, Pix, router, email) simultaneously! (I believe
that warrants a version increase)  This should be a boost in performance
and reduced time-to-block latency, especially when using multiple
plugins, or multiple devices on one plugin.

ipf, ipfw, iptables scripts and syslog logging will be here shortly.
Stay tuned.

If you are using SnortSam, please let me know how 2.0 works out for you.

Thanks,
Frank