[Snort-users] Win2K & Overlapped I/O Issue

David Yip dy at ...6387...
Fri Aug 9 08:20:02 EDT 2002

The latest WinPcap doesn't support SMP. The solutions:

1. Disable one of the CPU.
2. Try older version of WinPcap AT YOUR OWN RISK, I've been succeeded on a
dual PII machine some time ago but I've forgotten the exact version, should
be 2.0/2.1 or older.

Actually, I've asked for help from the author of winpcap and confirmed that
the above are the only solutions since he doesn't have a SMP machine for
testing. I wonder if we can help on testing the SMP version and have a SMP
supported version 2.4?