[Snort-users] promiscuous mode on linux

Moyer, Shawn SMoyer at ...5894...
Thu Aug 8 13:16:01 EDT 2002

Maybe you should try Linux on Intel or one of the BSD's?

Seriously, you're hitting pretty uncharted territory with this on a 9K.
People are successfully running Snort on most Linuces, *BSD, AIX, and
Slowlaris, but there's probably a handful of people (at best) doing anything
with Snort on HP, and you may be the only person on the planet running it on
Debian on HP. :)

Here's some googling of the list for Snort on HP:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=HP-UX+HP%2FUX+
group%3Amailing.unix.snort

Hate to waste that 9K, though... Howzabout running the DB / web server /
Acid on it, and using an x86 box for the sensor? Should crank it out pretty
good with that setup.

--shawn