[Snort-users] promiscuous mode on linux

Chris Green cmg at ...1935...
Thu Aug 8 11:24:03 EDT 2002

"Know How" <beteachable at ...125...> writes:

> Hi all,
>     sorry i missed mentioning about hardware, i am running it on
>     HP9000-A500. Also it should be eth0 not lan0.
>     I disabled frag2/stream4 and i still get the same message on the
>     console and no intrusion logging happens, and i wont see anything
>     logged into /var/log/snort/alert or portscan.log
>
> Thanks again.

Sorry, the HP platform is a developer pariah currently. Unless someone
steps up and helps fix it, I can't do anything.  Try 1.9beta2 to see
if the elimination of bitwise accesses help you but I Don't think
there's a snowball of a chance of getting it working on the HP without
an as of yet unfound developer stepping up.

HP-UX is hard enough to get working there.  Linux/HP is prolly even
more rare :)
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...1935...>
I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.