[Snort-users] A lil' Snort Install Help....

Nicholas Bachmann nbachmann at ...6522...
Wed Aug 7 15:56:02 EDT 2002

Kurupt Kurupt wrote:

> Im trying to install Snort on my RedHat 7.2 machine... Im using the
> install instructions from
> http://www.snort.org/docs/snort-rh7-mysql.pdf but am a lil confused...
> DO you need MySql installed with a Webserver and Acid? I tryed google
> but cant find a simplier TUTORIAL wandering if anyone knows where i
> can FIND A SIMPLER TUTRIAL just soo i can start using snort to moniter
> some traffic???? Thanks

No offense here, but if you can't grok this part of Snort you're going
to have a lot of trouble when you actually have alerts in a database!
 You're better off to become a little more familiar with networking and
Unix before trying Snort.  It'll be a lot better that way.

--
	Regards,
	Nick

	Nicholas Bachmann, SSCP