[Snort-users] updating snort rules set

doswald at ...6357... doswald at ...6357...
Wed Aug 7 12:23:10 EDT 2002

I have deployed snort on win2k servers and I am trying to install the
latest snort rules. The way I am doing this is by down loading the latest
rules file and extracting them to the rules directory. After I do this I
get an error when I try to restart snort, after I have replaced the old
rules files snort starts again with no errors. Sooooooo what should I be
doing that I'm not ? Is there any documentation I can reference ?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer

Dave Oswald
Network Engineer