[Snort-users] SnortCenter

Jeremy Junginger jjunginger at ...6548...
Wed Aug 7 09:20:05 EDT 2002

Hey guys,

I've got snortcenter and the agent installed on the same box as an IDS
(just for testing).  I can connect to the sensor via snortcenter over
the default port (2525) and can pull system status okay, but I get the
"Snorrrrt ->     Snort is not Running " message when I view the sensor.
Also, when I look at the IDS while hitting the "Start" Link, I notice
the following error:

Cat: /usr/local/snort/rulessnort_cmd_line.: No such file or directory

Clicking "restart" yields the following output

sh: /usr/local/snortsnort: No such file or directory

Could you guys help me locate the file where I can specify the command
to start and stop snort as I would run it from the command line? Let me
know if more details would help.  Thanks,

-Jeremy