[Snort-users] Activeworx IDS Policy Manager

doswald at ...6357... doswald at ...6357...
Tue Aug 6 14:00:02 EDT 2002

I am trying to get activeworx working in my network. I have my snort
sensors deployed on WIN2k, I have tried using Teraterm  with TTSSH as the
IDS server side SSH but I guess I misunderstood the information about using
Teraterm with TTSSH or I am not configured properly. Anyway i am trying to
find an IDS manager that I can use from my admin PC to connect securely to
my IDS servers. Is there such an animal fro my type of deployment ?

Dave Oswald
Network Engineer

                    "Shifflett, Shawn"
                    <SShifflett at ...6449...>        To:     "'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'"
                    Sent by:                             <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
                    snort-users-admin at ...635...        cc:
                    eforge.net                           Subject:     RE: [Snort-users] Activeworx IDS Policy Manager

                    07/25/2002 02:17 PM

           I am currently using it in my environment.  So far I have had
excellent success in using it to manage several sensors with multiple NICs
per sensor.  Very easy to use.  The only semi-complaint that I have had
with
the product is that once you use IDS Policy Manager to make any changes to
your 'snort.conf' file it strips all of the comments from the conf file
itself.  Not a big deal for me personally as I'm used to modifying
'snort.conf' locally from the command line, but if I were to introduce
someone else to the conf file for local administration it would be a minor
headache to have to constantly reference the Snort documentation instead of
just reading the comments.
           All in all, however, I am pleased with the software.

           -S