[Snort-users] Experience of installing snort on Win XP Prof

Niklas Odenteg niod at ...5693...
Tue Aug 6 05:27:04 EDT 2002

Hi!

Has somebody any experience of installing snort on Win XP Professional?
I trying to install snort 1.8.7 (the compiled version) on my WinXP
laptop and it just won't work! It complains over an ntwdblib.dll that
doesn't seem to be there. As the name indicates, it is probably
something Win specific, but I can't figure out what.

Probably a RTFM problem, but since the manual doesn't mention this
library I can't overcome this...

Anybody...?

Best

Niklas, niod at ...5693...