[Snort-users] Snort 1.9.0beta crashes on RH7.3 after 1 attack using mysql output

Keith Young kyoung at ...6513...
Mon Aug 5 12:53:04 EDT 2002

max valdez wrote:
> Hi dear snorters
>
> finally i'm able to get any alert from snort, but when i use mysql
> output snort crashes without any message. I'm unable to trace any
> activity, any hint ??

You may want to try to produce some debug output:
	http://www.snort.org/docs/faq.html#6.1

> i'm on a RH7.3, all updates known, using the latest 1.9 beta release

Hmm... I am using the 1.9.0beta2 on a fully-patched RH7.3 box right now,
but did not compile in any of the database support.

--Keith Young
-kyoung at ...6513...