[Snort-users] 2 questions

Sander Smeenk ssmeenk at ...6257...
Mon Aug 5 11:50:01 EDT 2002

Quoting Chris Green (cmg at ...1935...):

> > 1) Is snort 1.9.0 beta 2 stable enough to be released as a Debian pkg?
> > I was told it fixes buildproblems on sparc and other achitectures...
> How often are you going to make the package?
> If you like, submit a patch that adds a make deb target :^).

Oof ;)  I maintain Snort in Debian, but I don't think it would be easy
to put all that stuff in a Makefile. You can, however, include my Debian's
debian/ dir in Snort's distribution, but I have to do a major cleanup
then.  :)

> > 2) I seem to get a LOT of false positives from stream4 preprocessor.
> > Is there any way to 'tune' this?
> Yup.

Care to elaborate on that? :)

Regards,