[Snort-users] VDQ: Snort basic

Beartooth karhunhammas at ...6529...
Mon Aug 5 09:06:12 EDT 2002

	All I know about it is what I've read on novalug in the
last couple of days. I ran ZoneAlarm under W98 on my other hard
drive long enough before getting linux to know that merely being an
inconspicuous user on a home machine doesn't protect from sundry
intrusion attempts that I don't begin to understand; so now I ought
to have some sort of defense, but don't know what I can hope to
handle, or even find straight up about. Is Snort such a thing, or
am I out of my league as usual?
--
Beartooth the Stubborn <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>, double retiree,
linux hatchling w/ RH 7.2; ssh'd (DSL) to pine 4.43 on ISP's SunOS 5.8;