[Snort-users] (no subject)

Fri Aug 2 06:47:32 EDT 2002

> I'v installed snort again and everything is working
> fine, except for one little thing. I get mail in my
> /var/spool/mail/root and it says:
> 1. it can't locate these modules:
>      sound-services-0-3: 1 Time(s)
>      sound-slot-0: 1 Time(s)

Nothing to do with Snort, as far as I am aware.  Unless you have it set up to play little piggy sounds on alert...

> 2. /etc/cron.daily/00webalizer:
> Error: Unable to open DNS cache file
> /var/lib/webalizer/dns_cache.db
>
> What does this mean? Is this really bad or can I just
> leave it this way?

Webalizer is a HTTP access log reporting tool.  It gives you pretty graphs and what not, based on your web server logs.  Also nothing to do with Snort.  There is a support forum available specifically for this tool.