[Snort-users] Problem After Upgrading Snort

Troels Leth Petersen troels at ...6511...
Fri Aug 2 06:43:25 EDT 2002

Hi,

I was upgrading snort from debian unstable archives - and now when I
try to run it I
get:

Aug  2 06:11:26 xxx snort: PID stat checked out ok, PID set to
/var/run/
Aug  2 06:11:26 xxx snort: Writing PID file to "/var/run/"
Aug  2 06:11:27 xxx snort: FATAL ERROR: ERROR => Undefined variable
name: (web-cgi.rules:9): HTTP_PORTS

In my daemon.log.

I have tried adding HTTP_PORTS to snort.conf and 'var HTTP_PORTS =
..." directly in web-cgi.rules. But that was apparently not what was
needed. I would be very happy if someone could point me in the right
direction!

Regards,
Troels