[Snort-users] snort dead but subsys locked

Eduard San Anselmo esananselmo at ...6002...
Thu Aug 1 08:43:46 EDT 2002

That's the message I get when writing ~# service snortd status, and I
don't know what's wrong. I've started postgresql service before snortd
and then I can't make snort work. I've tried the -T option, but the
initialization seems to go fine. Even more, when I remove the -D command
in snortd script, it will work, but it seems as if it won't go into
daemon mode. What's wrong with my snort?
Thanks again, I really appreciate your advices.