[Snort-users] snort not running properly

Eduard San Anselmo esananselmo at ...6002...
Thu Aug 1 01:37:05 EDT 2002

Hi everyone,
I have snort installed on RH7.2 and it isn't running, or at least I
think that's what's happening. The service starts at boot time, but when
I type
service snortd status
I get the following message:
snort dead but subsys locked
I don't know why that's happening, for I only changed minimal
configuration stuff, related with output plugins and so on, but I didn't
change anything in snortd file. By the way, the way I have the snortd file:
/usr/sbin/snort-postgresql -b -d -D -i $INTERFACE -c /etc/snort/snort.conf
Thanks a lot, and excuse me if it's a simple question.