[Snort-users] snort wont log to mysql database

mnichols mnichols at ...5730...
Sun Apr 28 17:16:04 EDT 2002

Good evening,
I am unable to get snort to log to my mysql database. I'll be as specific as
possible. I am using Slackware 8.0 2.2.19 kernel snort-1.8.6 and
mysql-3.23.49. In snort.conf I have the plugin for mysql uncommented and I
am using the root user for mysql and correct password. The root user has all
privilages on the mysql database. I have snort compiled with mysql support
and
verified it with the configure script. When I start snort using snort -c
/etc/snort.conf -i ppp0 -D snort starts and so does a mysql connection. I
did check the sensor table and it shows the ip address of ppp0 which is a
ppoe adsl connection. When I try a ping -l 1600 <ipaddress of ppp0> it does
not log to either the mysql database or /var/log/snort/alert.
Any suggestions I am truly stumped!!
Thanks,
 -Marty