[Snort-users] Ignoring all traffic from a certain network

Tom Sevy tsevy at ...1701...
Mon Apr 15 12:42:35 EDT 2002

Don't know what others think, but I would use a BPF filter in this case.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen C Burns [mailto:sburns at ...2404...]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 12:13 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Ignoring all traffic from a certain network

Hey all

Is there a way to have Snort and all of it's rules ignore all traffic from
a specific /24?  Like a global portscan-ignorehosts directive that affects
everything, not just port scans?  I get a lot of false positives in the
rules from my HOME_NET that I'd like to take out, if possible... thanks
everyone.

--
Stephen C Burns
Farpointer Technologies, Inc.