[Snort-users] Tools for testing

al3x payne al3x23 at ...3027...
Sat Sep 29 19:37:01 EDT 2001

I can reccomend hitting your machine with a plain old nmap scan
(insecure.org).  Should show up in your snort log right quick, and if it
isn't then your ruleset is useless ;-)  Of course, with
CodeRed/nimda/etc floating around, you'll get hits from that in the
first 5  minutes of bringing snort online.  I know I did...

::al3x