[Snort-users] Trouble getting PHP installed to use with acid

Cessna, Michael MCessna at ...3439...
Fri Sep 28 09:27:04 EDT 2001

I found the fix for this error but I forgot to post it. So here it is.

Dushyath was correct in that it was a problem with zlib, but not that it
wasn't installed it was that PHP needed to be told to use hte zlib with the
switch --with-zlib then run make and everything compiles fine and apache
goes fine and lo and behold I now have Acid running! Thanks for the pointer
Dushyanth!
BTW I am oisting this because I found this same error many times in searches
for the answer. So it seems that a lot of people have gotten this error but
the answer was nowhere to be found, until I noticed the zlib switch. So I
hope that the next person that gets this error can find this post and be off
and running.
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Dushyanth Harinath
To: MCessna at ...3439...
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: 9/24/01 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Trouble getting PHP installed to use with acid

Hi,
i guess u dont have zlib and zlib-devel..so install them and check..

dushyanth

> I'm hoping someone here can help me with this:
> When trying to compile php4 into apache to use with acid I'm getting
> the following error:
> ./compile --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a
>
> my_compress.o(.text+0x12a): undefined reference to 'compress'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [target_static] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory '/root/apache_1.3.20/src'
> make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/apache_1.3.20/src'
> make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a *nix beginner and can't
> figure out what's going on here.
> Thanks in advance
>
> Michael Cessna
> Network Engineer
> RealTime Media
> 308 Lancaster Ave.
> Wynnewood, PA 19096
> p.610-896-9400 x308
> f.610-896-9416
> mcessna at ...3439...
> www.realtimemedia.com
> www.rtm.com

First they ignore you,            | Dushyanth Harinath
then they laugh at you,           | Programmer/SysAdmin
then they fight you,              | Archean Infotech
then you win.- Mahatma Gandhi     | http://www.archeanit.com
(possibly not talking about Linux)|

This email was sent using SquirrelMail.
   "Webmail for nuts!"