[Snort-users] Windows - Latest CVS Available - 1.8.1 b79

Burleson, Lee (IA) Lee.Burleson at ...1358...
Thu Sep 27 13:04:04 EDT 2001

Michael -

It would be nice if you posted the files in .zip format like the past revs.
:)

Any idea if b79 fixes the -z bug?  (refer to 16-Aug-01 12:30 post)

- Lee

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Steele [mailto:michaels at ...155...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 17:57
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Windows - Latest CVS Available - 1.8.1 b79

To all Windows users of Snort:

Please read all the notices below.

Here at Silicon Defense we have undertaken the project of providing you with
the binaries for the RELEASE version of Snort 1.8.1, along with all the
latest required support files. We will also do our best to provide you with
the latest compiled CVS version of Snort. We will also continue to provide
you with all the FINAL binaries for Snort 1.7.1, and all the necessary
support files.

The latest CVS is now available:

Snort 1.8.1 b79 Win32 Static
Snort 1.8.1 b79 Win32 MySQL Binary
Snort 1.8.1 b79 Win32 MySQL & FlexRESP Binary
Snort 1.8.1 b79 Win32 MSSQL Binary
Snort 1.8.1 b79 Win32 FlexRESP Binary

Notice to all our clients: We will ONLY be supporting the RELEASE version of
Snort 1.7.1 & 1.8.1 at this time.

Notice to all Windows XP users: We have a patch for WinPcap available that
will allow you to run Snort 1.7.1 and 1.8.1. This patch is NOT supported by
anyone. We are waiting for an official RELEASE version of WinPcap by the
programmer that will include support for the latest Windows operating system
called "Windows XP". This patch has been working fine for several weeks and
will be located on our download page.

Notice: FlexResp is not reliable. We are waiting for a new release of
LibnetNT.dll, and that should fix the problems we are having with that.

Link to Downloads: http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/downloads.htm

Link to Documentation: http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/windows.htm

Happy Snorting, and remember - Silicon Defense is the #1 provider of Snort
Support, in the world.

-Mike

+ Michael Steele - mailto:michaels at ...155...
+ Silicon Defense - Technical Support for Snort
+ http://www.silicondefense.com/