[Snort-users] Using Acid, MySQL and Persistant connections.

Mike Johnson mrjohnson at ...3626...
Thu Sep 27 10:45:33 EDT 2001

Hi!

On Thu, 2001-09-27 at 08:21, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> Em Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 10:42:22AM +0000, roman at ...438... escreveu:
> > This behavior is quite troublesome and I have also seen it happen
> > an seemingly random occasions.  Some thoughts on this:
> >
> > - Under what versions of PHP is this happening?  I can confirm it
> > on 4.0.6.

I also am running 4.0.6, plus Apache 1.3.20 compliled from source on
debian.

> I've also disabled persistent connections here. But my problem was
> slightly different, the pages would take forever to load after
> a while. Even stop and refresh wouldn't work, only restarting apache
> would help. But after a while it would happen again.

That's what I'm seeing here -- if you take a look at the server, run top
and sort by memory usage -- the httpd process starts gobbling memory
like there's no tomorrow. The page reloads start to take forever.

> Also PHP-4.0.6... :)
>
> > - Is it really all ACID pages which cause this problem?
>
> In my case, yes, I run this webserver just to use acid, nothing else.

My server is doing a bunch of stuff that several employees access all
day long, but only using the acid pages will cause problems. I
downgraded to acid b13 which fixed the problem for me, but I guess it's
sounding like a php bug. I can send a phpinfo() page if you like.

> > - Does using memory_limit in PHP help (note: in PHP 4.0.6 there
> > is a bug in this functionality)
>
> It seems php 4.0.6 has tons of bugs. Another one, but unrelated to acid,
> causes problems with IMP. Downgrading to 4.0.4pl1 solved that, I may
> try the downgrade here too and see if persistent connections start
> working with acid.

- Mike Johnson