[Snort-users] Using Acid, MySQL and Persistant connections.

Andreas Hasenack andreas at ...1574...
Thu Sep 27 08:23:03 EDT 2001

Em Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 10:42:22AM +0000, roman at ...438... escreveu:
> This behavior is quite troublesome and I have also seen it happen
> an seemingly random occasions.  Some thoughts on this:
>
> - Under what versions of PHP is this happening?  I can confirm it
> on 4.0.6.

I've also disabled persistent connections here. But my problem was
slightly different, the pages would take forever to load after
a while. Even stop and refresh wouldn't work, only restarting apache
would help. But after a while it would happen again.

Also PHP-4.0.6... :)

> - Is it really all ACID pages which cause this problem?

In my case, yes, I run this webserver just to use acid, nothing else.

> - Does using memory_limit in PHP help (note: in PHP 4.0.6 there
> is a bug in this functionality)

It seems php 4.0.6 has tons of bugs. Another one, but unrelated to acid,
causes problems with IMP. Downgrading to 4.0.4pl1 solved that, I may
try the downgrade here too and see if persistent connections start
working with acid.