[Snort-users] Using Acid, MySQL and Persistant connections.

Steve Halligan agent33 at ...187...
Thu Sep 27 07:12:09 EDT 2001

I am using Acid (CVS version), OBSD 2.8, Apache 1.3.12, MySQL 3.23.36.  If I
select persistant database connections (Yes, I know it give me no increased
performance with MySQL, but I was just playing) httpd starts eating memory.
After one page load of acid_main it is up to 30 MB and up to 250MB after 5
or 6 loads.  It eventually grinds to a halt until it is restarted.  Lather,
rinse, repeat.  Nothing of this sort happens with standard connections.

I have told Roman about the problem, so it is being looked at, but I was
just wondering if anyone else can confirm/replicate it, cause if it is just
me, then I probably have a different problem I need to fix.

-Steve