[Snort-users] ACID errors

Karen Marino kmarino at ...3598...
Tue Sep 25 13:30:02 EDT 2001

I have also noticed this problem.  I'm interested in a solution as well.

Thanks,
Karen

-----Original Message-----
From: pbsarnac at ...1799... [mailto:pbsarnac at ...1799...]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 3:01 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] ACID errors

I'm getting the following error in ACID whenever I pull up any Unique
Alerts or Most Recent Alerts or Frequent Alerts lists:

Database ERROR:You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

By poking around in mysql, I've traced it to one of two signatures that
we
started seeing alerts on this morning. Whenever I do a search in ACID
for
readme.eml, I get the error, although searches for other signatures
(such
as "roughly ICMP") are fine. I'm not at all a SQL or php guy, so I'm
stumped. Where do I troubleshoot from here?

Snort Version 1.8.1-RELEASE (Build 74)
ACID v0.9.6b1

These are the signatures (from the snort.sourcefire.com ruleset):
web-misc.rules:alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET 80 -> $HOME_NET any
(msg:"WEB-MISC
readme.eml autoload attempt"; flags:A+; content:"window.open
(\"readme.eml\""; nocase; classtype:attempted-user; sid:1290; rev:3;
reference:url,www.cert.org/advisories/CA-2001-26.html;)
web-misc.rules:alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET 80 -> $HOME_NET any
(msg:"WEB-MISC
readme.eml attempt"; flags:A+; uricontent:"readme.eml"; nocase;
classtype:attempted-user; sid:1284; rev:3;
reference:url,www.cert.org/advisories/CA-2001-26.html;)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
pat s.