[Snort-users] could not open the connection : timeout

Subba Rao subba9 at ...530...
Tue Sep 25 12:32:04 EDT 2001

On  0, Subba Rao <subba9 at ...530...> wrote:
> I have installed Nessus 1.0.9 on Slackware 8. The compilation, installation
> and user addition went very clean. After starting the "nessusd -D", I invoke
> nessus client. At the password prompt, I enter the password and then I get the
> "Nessus Setup" window. When I click on "Log in" button, the client waits for a
> while and then I see "could not open the connection : timeout" message in the
> xterm. Nessusd is listed in the process list and lsof shows that nessusd is
> listening on ports 1241 and 3001.
>
> I have followed the instructions in the "Demonstation" page @ www.nessus.org

One more thing I forgot to add was that after a long wait the GUI client
does show the dialog message with "Could not open a connection to the remote host".

In the archive, the discussion thread on that subject did no reveal how the
problem was resolved.

--

Subba Rao
subba9 at ...530...                     http://members.home.net/subba9/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com