[Snort-users] could not open the connection : timeout

Subba Rao subba9 at ...530...
Tue Sep 25 12:10:28 EDT 2001

I have installed Nessus 1.0.9 on Slackware 8. The compilation, installation
and user addition went very clean. After starting the "nessusd -D", I invoke
nessus client. At the password prompt, I enter the password and then I get the
"Nessus Setup" window. When I click on "Log in" button, the client waits for a
while and then I see "could not open the connection : timeout" message in the
xterm. Nessusd is listed in the process list and lsof shows that nessusd is
listening on ports 1241 and 3001.

I have followed the instructions in the "Demonstation" page @ www.nessus.org

Any help appreciated.

TIA.
--

Subba Rao
subba9 at ...530...                     http://members.home.net/subba9/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com