[Snort-users] http_decode vs unidecode preprocessors

David F. Severski davidski at ...3592...
Tue Sep 25 11:28:02 EDT 2001

Fellow Snorters,

While reviewing some snort.conf files, I came across references to the
unidecode preprocessor, which appears to be destined as the replacement for
the http_decode preprocessor.  I'm unable to find much in the way of in-depth
analysis of the two, though.  Is unidecode ready for primetime?  Could anyone
speak to situations where http_decode might be prefered over unidecode?

Thanks for the assist!

David