[Snort-users] Win32 Snort Dies

jmad than at ...3591...
Tue Sep 25 11:11:04 EDT 2001

Hi all,

I just set up Snort 1.8.1, MySQL 3.23.41, PHP, ADODB, and ACID0.9.6.b13 on a Win2k box.
Everything looks marvelous I get all sorts of traffic and alerts in ACID.  However, after a
undetermined ammount of time, Snort just stops logging.  The Service is still listed as
running, and appears to be up in task manager, however nothing shows up in the database.  I'm
still trying to find out what is dying, if it's a MySQL, or snort problem.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Sincerely,
JonM